Varsity Cross Country Captains
One of our biggest goals is to help develop students into both successful athletes and Christ-centered leaders. While it is our desire that EVERY student grows in their leadership while on the team, we select captains each year to serve the team and coaches in a vital way. Here are some of the expectations of our captains:
- Be spiritual leaders who are actively growing in their relationships with God and who demonstrate Christ-like character on the field and off.
- Practice servant leadership by putting the needs of the team and others before their own.
- Help build community through cheering on teammates, planning and hosting team parties, speaking out against gossip and unloving attitudes.
- Model love and respect in relationships with athletes and coaches on opposing teams.
- Lead the team by example daily in positive attitudes and disciplined work ethic.
- Serve alongside coaches at practice and at meets by helping lead warm-ups, stretching, & workouts.
- Grow in your love for running/cross country and help team to do so as well.
- Help lead summer training, weekend workouts, Fall Break workouts.